Overviews of Autism in the media usually mention music.
Numbers and music. Visual literacy.
We bought Duncan kiddie instruments - all at Helen Court - guitar, bongos, drum kit. Microphones. They all became landfill.
Music was part of the Arizona treatment. We bought a musical mattress. But for the longest time, well until just weeks ago, he could never have a bed.
Brett hooked it up again this week, after Duncan has shown interest in music.
We pulled out a bunch of old dvds and cds.
He chose Baby Songs and watched it over and over. Brett finally added it to his Ipad.
One hot afternoon after school, Dunc and I returned home.
I opened the activities folder in Pro Lo Quo
He picked "Listen to Music"
He went and lay down on the bed under the ceiling fan and played "Fantasia"
NetFlix has allowed him some exercise of choice too.
Interestingly, he has been picking _The Nightmare Before Christmas_.
We found _Corpse Bride_ on Amazon Prime streaming too.
He loves them.
I picked _Coraline_ for him, but it's no good, it seems. I think it's missing the music.
This is wonderful; for him to enjoy something.
No comments:
Post a Comment